RHINO Manufacturing Products & Services
Cabinets & Enclosures
NEMA Rated Enclosures and Junction Boxes:
Rhino Mfg. fabricates a multitude of electrical enclosures that satisfy the criteria specified by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA). We can build most of these boxes in a variety of sizes from multiple types of material in an assortment of finishes.
- NEMA 1 enclosures are typically used for protecting controls and terminations from objects and personnel. NEMA 1 enclosures are applicable when sealing out dust, oil, and water is not required.
- NEMA 3R enclosures are typically used in outdoor applications for housing electrical panels or as junction boxes. Rhino Mfg.’s NEMA 3R enclosures protect against falling rain, sleet, snow and external ice formation and typically have gasketed openings.
- NEMA 4 enclosures are used in applications where an occasional washdown occurs. Rhino Mfg.’s NEMA 4 enclosures have doors which have both compression clamps and gasket for water-tight seals.
- NEMA 4X enclosures have the same features as a NEMA 4—compression clamping and gasketed doors—and in addition are made of stainless steel for resistance to corrosion. Rhino Mfg.’s NEMA 4X enclosures are popular where total washdown and/or chemical cleaning occurs often as well as outdoor junction boxes.
- NEMA 12 enclosures are designed to keep out dust, water, and oil. Rhino Mfg.’s NEMA 12 enclosures are normally used for indoor applications for electronic control systems and are not corrosion resistant.
Custom Sheet Metal Cabinets and Enclosures:
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Rhino Mfg. has a wealth of experience working with our customers to design and develop enclosures that fit the bill. How do we do this? Visit our technology page for more information how we work with you. Contact us with your specific needs and we can assist you in finding or creating the product you need.
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)
The “golden oldies” of our service cabinets, Rhino Mfg. has been building WSDOT service cabinets for over 20 years. We are on the WSDOT Qualified Products List and regularly build to the following WSDOT Standard Plans:
- J-3 Type A, B and C Service Cabinets
- J-3b Service Cabinet Type B Modified
- J-3c Service Cabinet Type D
- J-3d Service Cabinet Type E
- J-16a Junction Box, Traffic Barrier Mounted (both fixed and adjustable)
- 3 KVA, 5 KVA, 7.5 KVA, 10 KVA, 15 KVA and 25 KVA Transformers
Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT)
Not just the state stuck between Washington and California any more (Go Beavers!!!). Rhino Mfg. (as our former alias Brownfield Manufacturing) is listed on the ODOT blue sheet for:
- RPS Mounted Cabinets
- RPS Post
- 120 Service
- 120 Service w/ Illum.
- 120/240 Service
- 120/240 Service w/ Illum.
- Base Mounted Cabinets
- 120/240 Service
- 120/240 Service w/ Illum.
- Misc. Cabinets
- Flasher Cabinet
- Terminal Cabinets
Washington State Cities & Counties:
Rhino Mfg. has helped several Washington cities and counties design and develop quality service cabinets and battery backup solutions. A few of our more popular models:
- RBK series - Originally developed for a few cities on the east side, this cabinet is rapidly becoming the service of choice by utility companies and municipalities alike. Its safety and convenience features have caused it to be the preferred service cabinet in Pierce County, Snohomish County, Bremerton, Redmond, and Kirkland.
- ES2 series - These cabinets have features similar to the RBK but a slightly different configuration. ES2 cabinets are the standard in King County, Seattle, Auburn and more.
Universal Power Supply (Battery Backup) Cabinets:
- Stand alone UPS - This series of product is mounted to the ground and serves as a backup power source for intersection signal lights. These UPS systems are available with different battery and inverter combinations as desired by the customer.
- Piggy Back UPS - This product has the same functionality as the stand alone UPS with one added benefit—it doesn’t use any additional space or require its own concrete pad! The Piggy Back simply replaces the top on an existing service cabinet and goes along for the ride.
Fuel and Hydraulic Tanks
Rhino Mfg. has been making fluid reservoir tanks for more than 15 years. Our company first started with hydraulic tanks and moved into manufacturing fuel tanks a little later. The tank bodies are either seam-welded or manually welded together. All tanks are then fullly pressure tested to ensure they are leak-free.
Stainless Steel Tanks
Stainless Steel is the metal of choice for our containers and tanks. While we fabricate tanks out of other material, in most applications stainless steel offers the best value long-term.
Stainless has a stronger tensile strength, giving the tank body more rigidity, and the corrosion resisting properties of stainless will drastically decrease the replacement frequency for you or your customers.